Cancelling your previous lease
- Remember to cancel your previous rental lease in writing.
Change of address notification
- You can make a change of address notification using a form available in the magistrates’ offices (maistraatti), post offices and local Kela offices.
- You can also print out a change of address notification online at http://www.vaestorekisterikeskus.fi/ or www.posti.fi.
Change of address notification to your friends
- The post office can give you free address notification cards that you can use to inform your friends of your new address. You can do the same thing in the electronic services offered by Posti.
Other changes of address
- Remember to update your address with other services you use, such as newspapers, magazines, insurance, banks, and phone and broadband subscriptions.
- Remember to notify the Finnish social security institution, Kela, about changes in your living situation: http://www.kela.fi/
- Electricity contracts are residents’ responsibility and residents must make electricity contracts before moving into their new apartments. When moving out, remember to cancel the electricity contract and ask for a final invoice.
Sauna slot and parking space
- Reserve a sauna slot and a parking space via our office.
Tenant inspection form
- Remember to fill in the tenant inspection form on our website.
Children’s nursery schools, mother and child health centres and school matters in order
Returning keys from a previous apartment
New apartment keys
- Make sure that you receive all the keys for your apartment. You will need to sign for new, protected keys in our office. If all keys are not returned when you move out, we will charge you the cost of reconfiguring the locks and of the new keys afterwards.
- The property insurance does not cover your personal belongings in the event of damage, so make sure that your home insurance is in order.
Moving data and schedule
- According to the rental lease, apartments must be vacated on the final day of the lease by no later than 24:00 (midnight).
- The move goes most smoothly, however, when you agree on the moving schedule in a flexible way with the former or future resident.
- A storage space, usually in the basement, comes with your apartment. In newer properties the apartment key also works for the storage space, and in older properties the resident must get a lock for the storage space.
Digital TV programmes
- All Kiinteistö-KYS Oy properties have a cable TV connection, so residents’ TVs must be DVB-C compatible.
- All Kiinteistö-KYS Oy properties have fixed-line broadband, and the rents include 2/2 MB broadband subscriptions. At Taivaanpankontie 6 and Taivaanpankontie 8, ethernet-based pre-installed broadband is used. In other properties, VDSL technology is used, for which residents need their own VDSL modems. Residents can order higher-speed broadband from the service provider.